(Reuters) - Of more than 8,000 people who filed claims with the federal government alleging injuries from COVID-19 vaccines, three have now received cash payouts, new government data shows. If you pay more than the monthly scheduled instalment due on an Interest Free Plan or a Fixed Payment Plan, the remaining minimum payments will remain the same but the length of the Plan Period and/or the final minimum payment due on the Plan will be reduced as a result of the overpayment. You can make payments to the plan at any time - it's up to you. If anyone contacts you to ask for your login details (Login ID, Memorable Word or Security Number) for security reasons then do not hand them over. "Even one day would be low risk. Live chat now. When will my latest statement appear online? Despite scientific evidence indicating . Our friendly drivers will contact you on the day, to discuss delivering your large items - if you are self-isolating, please make us aware so we can rearrange your delivery date. Are you worried someone else is controlling your finances? Following guidelines, we have made some changes to how you can pay in-store: In England - from Monday 12 April, all Argos stores and Argos stores inside a Sainsbury's supermarket are open as usual. Can I use a credit card to make a payment? Its that winning at all is a long-shot. Browse an unrivalled portfolio of real-time and historical market data and insights from worldwide sources and experts. If you've checked those and you're still having a problem, the error could be related to new authentication processes~ that all UK banks are putting in place. See here for a complete list of exchanges and delays. I can't imagine anyone is happy with these payouts, Rene Gentry, director of the Vaccine Injury Litigation Clinic at George Washington University Law School, told me. What happens if I lock my account? Gareth Shaw, head of money at Which?, said: "The coronavirus outbreak has shown that cash remains vital to many consumers, particularly for vulnerable people who rely on it to pay for essential supplies. If your Buy Now, Pay Later plan ends and you haven't paid the plan balance off IN FULL, then the remaining balance of the plan PLUS the Deferred Interest will be added to your Normal Credit balance and your minimum monthly payment will increase in line with your Terms and Conditions. Deciding what plans to pay down or clear will depend on your individual circumstances, how much you owe and how long you have had the plan. The Ombudsman offers a free independent service, but before they look at your complaint, they will ask you to give us the opportunity to put things right for you. To prevail, petitioners have to clear a towering hurdle, producing compelling, reliable, valid medical and scientific evidence showing they suffered a serious injury that was the direct result of the vaccine. I've received a letter from you that says my account could be suspended. When you've cleared your balance, we will then close your account. Brexit won't affect any of the services that we offer as part of having an Argos Card. Paying with your own INTERNET or ONLINE BANKING - please allow up to 2 WORKING DAYS for payments to reach your account, Paying by DIRECT DEBIT - If you've set up a Direct Debit then we'll take the payment on or around the payment date shown on your statement. A Buy Now, Pay Later Plan (BNPL Plan) is a way of spreading the cost of a product over a period of time. Argos Post Office. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Shifting credit card debt to a balance transfer card can give you one payment with 0% interest during the card's promotional period. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. .tg TH { Can I register again? The short answer is yes, a store can refuse to take cash. You can still use all of the Buy Now, Pay Later plans to help you spread the cost of your purchases. Can I register again? What happens next once I've confirmed my choice? What's Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode? Search. In England, Scotland and Wales, there are no impacts to the items we can currently install. By leaving the contractual minimum payment unchanged, it gives you the flexibility to pay more when you can. What's a Buy Now Pay Later plan? When you're ready to checkout, follow the instructions to choose our home delivery option or pick up at your nearest available collection point. Vaccine makers here are also shielded from liability. Please don't reply to the error message because this won't register on our system. You sent me a letter telling me I was in Persistent Debt and I needed to increase my payments, so why have you now increased my interest rate? Cash in the time of Covid | Bank of England During the Covid-19 (Covid) pandemic the way people use cash has changed, with less being used for transactions. This means you may pay interest on interest. COVID-19: I need support with my Argos Card. However, in certain circumstances, refusing to take cash in a store may actually violate provincial human rights codes. Why am I asked to call you when I try to log in? You will then be asked to pay a monthly minimum payment and you will be charged interest every month. You can find some information about how long it will take you to repay your balance, how much interest you might pay and how much you could save by paying more than the minimum each month by visiting cardcosts.org.uk. Help home; Store locator; If you haven't registered you will need to do that first, and you can do that HERE, If you've forgotten your Login ID, go HERE. I thought I was paperless so why have I received a paper statement? If you don't respond to this communication, your account will be suspended and you won't be able to keep using your Argos Card. Some retailers like the Metro grocery chain in Ontario and Quebec say they're encouragingcustomers to usecards, but they'll still take cash if it's the only option. Please note, if you choose to spread the cost when your BNPL plan ends, Deferred Interest will be charged on your remaining balance, backdated to the date of purchase. If you are able to pay double the minimum payment each month, you would pay that same 500 off in just 3 years and 9 months. We will let you know by email once your order is ready for collection. We want to help you, so please contact us on 0345 601 0798 if you want to talk about Persistent Debt. Please contact the Live Chat team to arrange a collection. How do I get past it? } How is interest calculated on Buy Now Pay Later plans? Where you have two or more Buy Now Pay Later Plans due to expire after your next statement period, these will be repaid in the order in which they are due to expire, starting with the Buy Now Pay Later Plan that is due to expire first. I made a payment to a plan but the payment has gone towards a different plan. But Argos shops located within Sainsbury's stores are closed, except if you're picking up an order which you've made and paid for online. On the homepage you'll need to enter your Login ID and your Surname, press Next and then enter your Memorable Word and a five-digit Security Number. How do I update my account? Your current Argos Card terms and conditions will continue to apply, you'll still receive your monthly statements, and youll need to make at least your minimum monthly payments at your current rate. But workers fear health risks and customers said they should be shut. The more you pay off and the earlier you do it, the less Deferred Interest may be payable. Were sorry to hear youre having issues with your Argos Card. We know your debts aren't going to disappear on their own, but we really can help. Can I use a credit card to make a payment? For more information about our returns policy, please click here. The COVID-19 vaccine makers are indemnified by the government and are not party to CICP proceedings. One person who had an anaphylactic reaction to the shot received $2,020 from the governments Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program, or CICP. No - as the main Card holder, you are solely responsible for managing your account. How do I update my contact details? How is interest calculated on Buy Now Pay Later plans? Where can I use my Argos Card? If the lockdown restrictions are tightened and the rules change in future you can find the latest information updated here. But if you do have a balance and haven't received a statement then it's possible that it's been delayed in the post. If you don't want to go to an Argos shop in a Sainsbury's store, or you don't live near one, you shouldn't miss out on getting your money back. Also, we'll advise you where to find free and independent help. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. I'm worried about being able to afford my repayments If you've missed a repayment to your Argos Card account, or think you might do, we want to help. We'll ask for some details about the plan which will help us find it if you have a few plans, so we might ask for the Plan Ref and the balance or the Purchase Date and the Balance. Add some good to your morning and evening. Your browser is up-to-date. Your Security Number is a bit like a passcode - but unlike the passcode you might use for an App or your phone, this one is five digits long (and it's not the same as your My Argos Card App passcode. How do I log in? Can I change my Direct Debit from Minimum Payment to Full Statement Balance or a Fixed Amount in the future if I need to? If you want to check your statement urgently, you can do it on myargoscard.co.uk where we have your current and most recent statements. If you're on a mobile device, make sure your signal is ok and that you have the data available to download a PDF (they're about 400KB each). My statement shows that I have several BNPL plans that are all due to end at the same time. This service is only available for orders delivered by home delivery. Sainsbury's said it had spent 485m on Covid-related costs, including paying colleagues that were required to shield or needed to self-isolate. These services are offered by Visa and MasterCard, in association with the bank that has issued your credit / debit card. Customers can either pay for home delivery or click and collect from certain stores across the UK. You cannot get conditional registration if a vehicle that complies with the construction and equipment requirements of the Australian Design Rules can be used to . * These organisations all have different opening hours which may vary, so check their websites for details. Your payment due date and statement date are interlinked, though, so by changing one you'll be changing the other. Use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. If your account has had a zero balance for a while we don't send you statements anymore. If you don't think you'll be able to collect it in time, you can extend it (except for Tu clothes orders). Screen for heightened risk individual and entities globally to help uncover hidden risks in business relationships and human networks. If you want to change your Direct Debit amount or change the date on which you want your Direct Debit to be collected you'll need to give us a call on 03456 400 700. Of course! Theres no allowance for pain and suffering, no punitive damages, no attorneys fees, no public hearings or opinions, no right to judicial appeal. This would mean you will pay no interest at all. As long as your account is open, you haven't spent all of your credit limit and your account is not suspended, you can carry on using it. You can change your Login ID later if you want to. What is Persistent Debt? Struggling to pay your bills? What should I do? The softer the surface the shorter period of time the virus lasts, he said. Workers at McDonald's, Starbucks, and Dunkin' reached out to Business Insider . Sainsbury's said people can only. If you've only become an Argos Card holder in the past 12 months, If you have an emergency temporary credit limit already on your account, If you've changed your limit within the last 6 months, If you're requesting a new limit which is below your current balance, If you're in arrears or you've missed payments. But some readers, such asSamar D., are asking if it's legal for a retailer to reject payment in cash. Can I register an expired Argos Card so that I can still manage my account? Send us your questions via email atCOVID@cbc.ca,and we'll answer as many as we can. Double check the message you've sent to make sure it matches the instructions we've given you, as the system we use can't register your request properly if there's things like spelling mistakes or if you've typed the wrong number. Why am I being told that my details can't be found when I am trying to register? If your policy expired or is expiring during a lockdown after December 2020, dont worry. You can shop at Argos online and get it delivered to your home to avoid having to leave the house during lockdown. Our Argos stores, Argos stores in Sainsbury's supermarkets and Sainsbury's collection points are operating as normal. Just log in and press Direct Debit in the left-hand navigation, then press Cancel Direct Debit. Can I change my payment due date? If you remember your Login ID but you've forgotten your Memorable Word or Security Number, log in as normal (enter Login ID & Surname and press Next) but on the second page press Forgotten Your Security Details and follow the instructions. Customers can either pay for home delivery or click and collect from certain stores across the UK. I've sent a text to opt out of the interest rate increase and received an error message. Supermarkets are open and they havecertain rules you need to follow in store when visiting - and there may be some limits on itemstoo. We will then use any additional amount you have paid to first pay off balances to which the highest rate of interest applies on (i) to (v) below, followed by the balances at the next highest interest rate and so on. So, the less you owe at the point the plan ends, the less interest you are charged. Just remember, if you do spend more, your minimum payment will increase and it will take you longer to repay the balance. Please be aware that there are also many similar debt management businesses that will charge you for their services. If you're still concerned about being able to repay your Normal Credit balance, give us a call on 03456 400 700 and we can discuss the options available to you. You may also fall into 'persistent debt' (see Persistent Debt below) meaning we need to take steps to encourage you to pay more. When we resolve a complaint, we will always communicate to you confirming the resolution. All non-essential shops across the country have now closed their doors as the country enters another lockdown - here's what's closed. If you have any difficulties making your payments please contact us on 0345 601 0798 as soon as you can so we can help you. If you're using browsers older than Chrome 28, Firefox 27, Microsoft Edge 12, Safari 7. I made a payment to a plan but the payment has gone towards a different plan. Argos stores in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are now closed. I turned off paper statements but I've started receiving them again. If you've already taken some action and started to increase your payments, that's a great start and will help towards moving your account out of Persistent Debt. What happens if I am unable to increase my payments? We're breaking down what you need to know about the pandemic. Can I change my Direct Debit from Minimum Payment to Full Statement Balance or a Fixed Amount in the future if I need to? I thought I was paperless so why have I received a paper statement? No, we can't change your minimum payment without changing your agreement with us. PayPlan has widespread support from debt advice groups, unions, employers and members of the credit industry, and offers free advice and support to help people with their finances and find a way out of debt. In England - from Monday 12 April, all Argos stores are open for the collection of pre-paid online orders, in-store shopping and returns. By and large, lawyers who specialize in vaccine injury cases are not representing clients before the CICP. Enter your debit card number so that we can check that it's one we accept, then - if you have more than one plan on your account - choose one of the options: NOTE: Always make sure that you pay your minimum payment against Normal Credit before making payments against any other plans or you may incur late fees and more interest. And though the virus starts to degrade or break downright away, it can take up to three days for it to be totally gone. your email address). But please check availability online by entering your location in the check stock box, on your chosen item. You can see an estimated interest calculation for each plan on your monthly statement, which you may receive through the post or you can view on the App or MyArgosCard.co.uk. Unfortunately, this means you won't be able to spend on your card or take out any new Buy Now, Pay Later plans. Coronavirus service impacts. In Northern Ireland, you can only collect orders from Argos stores in Sainsbury's. In Wales - from Monday 12 April, all Argos stores and Argos stores inside a Sainsbury's supermarket are open as usual. Your additional Card holder cannot register their Card on either myargoscard.co.uk OR on the My Argos Card App. To help you to stay within your credit limit, we'll send you a text reminder when you've used 95% or more of your credit limit. We're suggesting you pay at least double your minimum payment each month but if you can't afford that, you should pay you minimum payment and as much more as you can each month. If your query isn't too urgent you can also log into myargoscard.co.uk to send us a secure message. Go here and give us some details about you and your Argos Card (your Card number and expiry date), set up your login details and then you're all done! If you can't find the answer to a question you have here online and feel like you need to speak to someone then please call 03456 400 700. I've sent a text to opt out of the interest rate increase and received an error message. To keep our customers and colleagues safe there are some small changes that you will notice in store. Why is that? With recent efforts to limit the spread of germs and reduce contact, a look at how to handle cash during a pandemic. Still stuck? No - the Minimum Payment Direct Debit will repay any payments that you owe each month, so these will consist of Normal Credit balance repayments and any scheduled payments that repay Fixed Payment or Interest Free Plans. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. The same encryption also occurs when we display screens back to you. In exceptional circumstances, particularly where your complaint is complex, it may take over eight weeks to resolve matters for you. Find out more about Deferred Interest here. You are required to make at least your minimum monthly contractual payment as detailed in your statement and this will be applied to your account in the order stated above. We take your financial circumstances into consideration as well as some other information about your account. I've forgotten my login details. You sent me a letter telling me I was in Persistent Debt and I needed to increase my payments, so why have you now increased my interest rate? You can return purchases made from October 18 2020 up to 30 days from when non-essential stores are allowed to re-open. I'd let it sit instead.". To maintain a quality of service, calls may be monitored or recorded. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. if your statement date is the 17th of the month then it will appear on the 17th of every month. "As a result, it's vital that the already fragile cash system is not left to collapse completely as the UK's shift to a cashless society accelerates. If you can afford to pay off all the plans then you may want to consider clearing the balances. The usual returns rules apply, for instance, you'll have to have a receipt or proof of purchase. Here are a few reasons why you might not be able to update your limit: How do I increase my credit limit? Why? If we have contacted you for the first time about Persistent Debt on your account, we would suggest paying double the monthly minimum payment shown on the front page of your statement each month. What should I do? Does Persistent Debt affect my credit score? I've received a letter from you asking me to choose from some options. We're working hard to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Paying as much as you can before the plan ends will reduce the amount of interest that you pay. If you've received a letter from us about this issue, then your account meets that definition and you need to consider taking action. "It doesn't represent a new or increased risk. How will I know if my Argos Card account is in Persistent Debt? If you're unsure whether or not the Direct Debit is set up, give us a call. } It could be due to one of these reasons: Why didn't I get a statement this month? Visit their website at. Privacy hub|Privacy policy|Cookies policy|List of cookies|Cookie preferences|Terms & conditions. You'll need to send us one of the following documents (or a copy of the document) with a covering letter that includes your account number and address: Send your documents to: Argos Financial Services, PO Box 211, Park Mill, Huddersfield, HD8 1FA. How quickly is it set up? All you need is your bank account number and your sort code. "The buttons on a credit/debit machine would be riskier than cash, because those same buttons are being pressed by the tip of oily fingersand lots of themconstantly," he said in an email. What is APR? The industry leader for online information for tax, accounting and finance professionals. You can pick up online orders at Argos stores but you can't shop inside Credit: Getty - Contributor. In Northern Ireland In Northern Ireland - from Friday 30 April, all Argos stores are open for the collection of pre-paid online orders, in-store shopping and returns. You can contact our Customer Payment Solutions department by letter or telephone. If someone misses several minimum payments in a row then they're in breach of their credit agreement, and we have to end all of the plans and ask for repayment on everything, so all of the plans are added to Normal Credit. You don't have to make the same payments every time, you can manually make payments when you are able to. How do I update my account? If you've received a letter from us about this issue, then your account meets that definition and you need to consider taking action by increasing your monthly payments. We know the novel coronavirus lasts on different surfaces for different amounts of time, but we don't know exactly how long the virus could last on different types of money. Tougher lockdown restrictions could be introduced that ban click and collect shopping everywhere except supermarkets in a bid to tackle the virus. If you want to make a payment to a specific Buy Now, Pay Later plan then you'll need to use myargoscard.co.uk or the My Argos Card App. Due to this, any orders placed for collection to impacted stores may have been cancelled. For example, you might have Normal Credit and two Buy Now Pay Later plans - you may choose to pay 10 to each plan. If after that you still get an error message, call us on 0345 608 0152 so we can make sure your request has been logged and start the closure process. We may be able to offer you support and we'll look at the options available to help you keep up with repayments. You can turn off your paper statements, and paper letters we occasionally send you, when you log in to myargoscard.co.uk or if you download and register on the My Argos Card App. The amount you owe and the payment due date are shown in your statement each month as well as on your account summary on myargoscard.co.uk and in the My Argos Card App. Why has one of my plans disappeared from my account? You can use your Argos Card in any Argos store, online at argos.co.uk, over the phone and on the Argos app. The cost of living crisis is affecting all of us and making it harder to balance our household budgets. Closed Captioning and Described Video is available for many CBC shows offered on CBC Gem. Please allow 5-7 working days for this to appear in your account. Have I done anything wrong if I receive a letter about Persistent Debt? Purchases on Normal Credit won't be charged interest if they're repaid in full by your next monthly payment date (and the total Normal Credit balance on your previous statement has been cleared by the payment date). A death benefit of up to $422,035 may also be available. We will communicate to you to let you know when you may be able to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to review your complaint. A study conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco stated that in 2018, consumers used cash in only 26 percent of transactions, which was down almost 30 percent from 2017. DENVER After a constituent called Colorado state Rep. Alex Valdez last spring and complained that some local businesses weren't accepting cash, the Denver Democrat started noticing cashless businesses everywhere, from restaurants to his local coffee shop. The interest on any remaining balance is backdated to the date of purchase, and the rate applied to this Deferred Interest will depend on your Buy Now, Pay Later plan start and end date: What are my options if I don't want the interest rate on my account to increase?