The food is really the highlight of the night. Two weeks after my wedding, I am still getting glowing comments from guests about the cocktail hour (a most incredible raw bar that blew everyone away, as well as the passed food), the dinner (all courses were just pefectly cooked & presented), and the service (the most attentive staff that I have ever seen at a wedding)!!!! We were so happy with our food and beverage selections. Princess of Wales has handbag 'stolen' by baby boy on visit to Aberfan, The Crown releases first pictures of Prince William and Kate Middleton in final season, Prince William and Kate abseil off Brecon Beacons cliff during visit to South Wales. Alongside the river, youll find hilltop castles, vineyards and idyllic villages in between. The beaming couple have their arms around each other, with William wearing sunglasses, a navy blue shirt and jeans while Kate is seen with her sunglasses resting on her head, dressed in a white blouse and jeans. It was absolutely perfect! The Boathouse was recently repainted and the floors were redone, and its never looked better! The Boathouse is truly what wedding dreams are made of! The waiters, bar tenders everyone was so nice and attentive. James, our event coordinator, could not have been more helpful and kind. We found the planning to be easy, especially since the Boathouse works with a group of quality vendors that really know the space so well. Thanks for any help you can give. It is beautifully place in Central Park where we took our photos. Thank you again to everyone! The bridal suite is very tiny, but it was the perfect waiting area/escape, and a place where we were all able to leave our things. We were able to speak directly with the chef, make suggestions on some dishes as well as add a signature cocktail and augment with some special wines and alcohol. The venue and its location speak for themselves, and the shuttle provided (which drove us to our afterparty!) we were lucky enough to have the option of renting the gondola for cocktail hour which are guests adored. Get married in a poetic castle garden or an ivy-covered courtyard straight from a fairytale for your intimate wedding! We have looked at Tribeca rooftop, The lighthouse, Stage 6 and the Central Park Boathouse in NYC. That's really a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, though. I could go on and on but there are not enough words to describe how happy we were with everything at the boathouse and are so thankful for Peter, Harold, James and the entire boathouse staff for making it truly truly perfect!! We made the best decision to simplify the process, leverage the talent and expertise at the Boathouse and we are so glad we did!!! This romantic little town in southern Bavaria is the very definition of a fairytale location. The day of our wedding was perfect, and was a great reassurance for why we chose the boathouse. Now to discuss the actual event. We weren't disappointed and a bunch of our guests raved about how the food at our wedding was the best they've had. I followed their advice for certain things (while still incorporating what I wanted) and everything went off without a hitch on the day of the wedding. Please enter the park at e 72nd street. And I 1000% agree. Once my husband and I toured the Boathouse, we knew it was the perfect venue for us. Thats actually not the worst problem as locations nearby are actually really nice. We worked with James McGovern who is great! It is full of historic gems and surrounded by stunning nature. I think there are more pictures of the raw bar than us!! ame out to the table together and the waiters placed them in front of the guests at the same time. Our Boathouse wedding was timeless, romantic and absolutely magical. Having our wedding reception at the Boathouse was spectacular. The setting was exquisite, the manager and maitre D day of were totally hands-on, the service polite and timely, the setup and clean up efficient and the food scrumptious. Everything was perfect, from the food to the atmosphere and the service. Germany has far more to offer than historic castle hotels for your wedding ceremony! Obviously, they are on the pricier side. nter had finally broken, friends and family were with us. The maitre d on the day of my wedding was Harold and he was a dream! We splurged on the raw seafood bar which our guests absolutely loved. Everything was absolutely perfect and amazing! I'm happy to help with vendor recommendations as well, Everything was perfection! In terms of the price, while it is pricey, it is not bad for NYC standards. We had hired a day of coordinator as our ceremony was at a church, and she turned out to be a huge disappointment- but James saved the day ,as did Harold, the maitre'd. With a romantic yet timeless aesthetic in mind, the couple looked to the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park for their cocktail hour and reception. The food was delicious! Share with your guests to collect your wedding photos. With a gesture he made it clear he understood our concerns and never once made us feel awkward about it. I received many compliments/comments from my guests about how delicious all of the food was, and I actually sat down and ate my entire meal. Plan your wedding wherever and whenever you want on the WeddingWire App. Everything from start to finish for our reception was an absolute dream. phs beautifully and can host one hell of a party. and all was ok. Ive heard some other reviews state that there emails or cals weren't immediately returned, i didn't have that experience AT ALL. Everyone raved about it. Heres a selection of popular urban places to get married in Germany to help you choose which is best German wedding venue for you. I can't say enough good about the staff, food, and venue itself. True professionals from start to finish. the venue itself from cocktail hour to reception to food to service was great. The food is amazing. William proposed with his late mother Princess Diana's sapphire and diamond engagement ring while he and Kate were on holiday in Kenya. From day on Hosting our reception at the Boathouse was one of the best decisions we made! From the moment we started planning the wedding with James McGovern to the morning after the wedding, we constantly felt looked after. The venue is gorgeous and elegant. The place is beautiful and every staff member was so accommodating. I am interested to have my ceremony and reception at Central Park Boathouse. Every guest i have spoken to has said it was the best wedding they have been and i have so much praise and thanks for the Boathouse staff for making that so!! Service was terrific throughout. Knot by the Sea Weddings is a boutique New York City Elopement Packages business specializing in Central Park Weddings. James McGovern was our main contact from the very beginning and he was on point every step of the way. The space is gorgeous, and it is a classic NY venue. Natural details and lush florals came indoors for the ethereal, romantic affair at the Boathouse in New York City's Central Park. He took the time to get to know my husband and me and made us feel like our wedding was important to them. Planning Tools; Vendors; Wedding Website; Invitations; Registry; Attire & Rings; Ideas & Advice; Gifts & Favors; Find a Couple Customer . You could even turn it into a "pretend wedding" by incorporating some kind of ceremony into the proceedings From experience: no chance to get a registry office marriage in Germany if you are not a German resident. k as the tall skyscrapers tower over the trees (it's a bit surreal). I've done it myself and found it handy enough. ;The management changed halfway during our planning which meant that we had to push a bit to make sure we got what we wanted. You probably won't be able to get married in Germany unless at least one of you is resident there and even if you manage to overcome that hurdle (by registering yourselves as resident) you will find that the whole thing is going to be a bureaucratic nightmare. Although some may consider it a more conventional event space, it still has a rustic vibe, which fits so perfectly into the beautiful natural surroundings of CP. A mountain lodge wedding in Germany is a guarantee a for a jaw-dropping background to your ceremony! It's hard to put into words how beautiful the Boathouse staff and venue are. ve reviews from our guests. This was the perfect backdrop for a country girl turned city. We fully recommend the Boathouse and their team for a wedding. We loved being able to utilize the outdoor garden and the gondolier on the lake. But I did make it a point to meet with Peter on occasion face to face. Everyone raved about our wedding, and 2 months later, we still have people telling us it was the best wedding they have been to. I wouldnt have changed a single detail. From the mystical Black Forest to the vineyards of the romantic Rhine Valley, Germany offers you the romantic air of history and arts, all within the serene landscape of well-preserved nature. "It was only the second venue we visited, but it so effortlessly combined the quintessential New York feel that we wanted with the natural beauty of the park," Alexis says. The food was also spectacular and all of our guests are still raving about it. Minimum of 125 people. Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. ingly difficult there, as it is so popular, but James worked his magic and we ended up having a Sunday evening wedding (instead of Saturday) over Labor Day weekend, which was even better than imagined. The Central Park Boathouse is a lovely venue. I wasn't passed around to whom ever was available but the same person helped answer my questions, set up the tasting, recommended vendors, etc. The mesmerizing capital of Germany where rich history and vibrant culture seamlessly flow into one another. We got married at the Boathouse in April and it was an ideal venue. After exchanging vows at the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola just a few blocks from their apartment, Alexis and Gerry posed for photos in the park before joining guests on gondola rides around the lake. James and his team have clearly been doing this for a while and have it down to a science (in a good way). Choosing to have our wedding at The Central Park Boathouse was one of the best decisions my husband and I made. These well-preserved peaceful sanctuaries exude a historic ambiance from their facade to their medieval ceilings and artistic interiors. We were provided with bottles of champagne and sparkling water as we waited. Our guests can't stop raving about the food, service, and overall experience of being in Central Park at this gorgeous venue. The team accommodated several people with food allergies, vegetarians and even a Glatt Kosher contingent. We worked with Peter who was not just a lovely person but kept us fully organized and feeling great throughout the whole process. Hoping we can do 10, 25, and 50 year celebrations there!!! Everyone commented on how great the food was and it really was. The staff even ran after guests the night of the wedding to give them favors that were left behind. Take in the solemn ambiance of German monasteries set in idyllic landscapes like green meadows, nature reserves, and dense forests. When you step into the old city walls of Rothenburg ob der Tauber you feel yourself thrown back in time. The alpine lakes are some of the most beautiful places to elope in Germany! The former university flatmates tied the knot at Westminster Abbey in 2011 after being a couple for eight years. My husband and I did our own wedding planning, and Peter was super responsive to any and all of my questions throughout the year we spent preparing for our big day. As soon as we walked into the event space, we fell in love with it. Cannot say enough about this venue and the truly nice staff. Harold, the matre d, was on top of the timeline and coordinated the entire evening with ease. There is seating outside and you can enjoy drinks by the lake before or after the meal, brilliant view. Back story on my husband - he has been to every steakhouse in the city and is a total snob when it comes to his steaks. It was really a magical place. The guest could not stop commenting about it. Bravo! We fell in love with the space - I originally thought it might be too commercial with it being such a landmark in NYC. The Central Park Boathouse 4.8 Excellent 53 reviews New York, NY $21k - $26k For 100 Guests Up to 250 guests Availability Check your date Request pricing About FAQs Reviews 53 Real Weddings 1 View all 25 About Imagine celebrating at the one of the most magical locations in the world. He was always very responsive and flexible to our requests, and was very valuable in providing vendor recommendations. Weve had so many guests tell us how much fun they had at the wedding and how spectacular the food was. The Boathouse blew me away. Have been to a few corporate parties there and it is a great venue, fantastic food, views, etc. The gondola ride was also a lot of fun, and the venue was just beautiful and romantic, especially in the spring when all the flowers are blooming. The Boathouse staff was equally as courteous as Peter and Harold. She knows the venue inside and out and will customize it perfectly for you. There's a coordinator who answers your questions from the day you book the venue (or even before that) and is there the entire time on your special day. Can't beat for ambiance. I also loved that we didn't have to worry too much about decorating given the beautiful scenery and space. For the ceremony, choose between hundreds of stunning venues in the surrounding area. They made everything very easy for me. I used their crystal and table linens and it was simply beautiful. It absolutely did and we could not have been happier with the outcome. Prince and Princess of Wales share photo taken in Norfolk to celebrate 12th wedding anniversary, The Prince and Princess of Wales, in Norfolk in 2022, taken by photographer Matt Porteous. on the west side of the building that still overlooks the lake, but is private from the main restaurant. If I could do it again, I'd book the wedding elsewhere - iconic venue or not. They are a bit old fashioned in the way they do everything, but overall made the day absolutely spectacular! Cocktail hour was amazing as well, where the stations were just kept getting refilled so everyone had plenty of food. Our guests raved about the cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and all four courses of the sit-down meal. He responded immediately to all of my concerns and questions. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, as was 100% of the staff that was there on our wedding day. Our guests were raving about our wedding- everything from the venue to the service and food !!! I have to say my favorite thing about the Boathouse is that they take care of so much for you. The food was AMAZING!! James McGovern is a pleasure to work with, and all involved are very professional. He responded immediately to all of my concerns and questions. We didn't want a "conventional" wedding, so we did our homework, read the reviews and looked at all the cool "raw" event space we could find. and Manhattan. The couple will be a key feature of King Charles' coronation next Saturday, 6 May, with Louis expected to join his older brother and sister in a procession from Westminster Abbey. "We started our life together here in New York, so having our wedding in the city we love was one of the easiest decisions we ever made," Alexis says of their formal fete. James was always responsive to my emails, my concerns, and my wishes. The most perfect venue. We worked with James who was wonderful. I couldnt have picked a better place to have our wedding. rom start to finish. Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. We have memories for life! f being in Central Park. Central Park Boathouse is awesome, love the food, and the decor there. The Boathouse was recently repainted and the floors were redone, and its never looked better! My fiance and I are looking at NYC and Westchester venues for our wedding next year, 2013. The couple released new pictures to mark their 10th wedding anniversary in 2021. Had an amazing experience and couldnt Hosting our wedding at The Loeb Boathouse was one of the best decisions we made! From the moment we toured the Lake Room and the lakeside patio, we knew it was the place for us! There are many beautiful locations for pictures. Surrounded b We couldn't be happier with the Boathouse as our wedding venue. He was extremely professional, polite, and attentive. The bridal suite was also more like a closet and not very spacious, but it's sufficient to drop your belongings in there and go for a quick rest, but don't count on getting ready there. The boathouse staff was very flexible. Can anyone tell me about their experience there? Advertisement William proposed with his late mother Princess Diana's sapphire and diamond engagement ring while he . The service was fantastic as well! Although some may consider it a more conventional event space, it still has a rustic vibe, which fits so perfectly into the beautiful natural surroundings of CP. There will also be a shuttle provided by the boathouse. Even if youre not religious, you can still celebrate your wedding amidst the beautiful architecture of a church. We worked closely with Peter Bischoff, who was so professional, thoughtful and accommodating and led an amazing team. Ski resorts near Munich or Memmingen airport? I know my husband and I did! Would hands down get married in the Boathouse again. However, my boathouse reception exceeded my expectations. Enchanting forest for elopements in Bavaria. Tax and gratuities are extra (as at most places), and there are a number of add-ons you can request. Let the breathtaking mountain panorama of the Alps be the backdrop to your wedding ceremony! We worked with James to arrange all of the details for our ceremony and reception. For the longest time, I have wanted to be married at the Boathouse. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-62424393', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Munich? Working with James was so easy, he was always on top of everything and very willing to work with us to make sure our day was exactly the way we wanted it. All of the guests are still talking about the food, amazing service and iconic location. James was a pleasure to work with and helped make our day so special. Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. The food was amazing and everyone enjoyed it, no complaints. We opted for the pesto pasta to start, followed by mozzarella/tomato, and chose a fish/steak for our entree. Absolutely every single detail went exactly as we discussed, from our signature drinks, to the menu, to the signs I brought in to be placed in certain areas of the room. They posted a picture on their @KensingtonRoyal Twitter account showing them riding bicycles in Norfolk last year. It's Central Parkneed I say more? Sign up on The Knot to reach more couples and book more weddings! We did not have a wedding coordinator, but with the Bo We got married at the Boathouse in April and it was an ideal venue. We found the planning to be easy, since the Boathouse works with a group of quality vendors that know the space well. The Central Park Boathouse is a beautiful venue in and off itself, but an intrinsic part of the elegance of the event was due to the great food and impeccable service of the BH staff. Built in 1699 as a farm, the building was rebuilt in 1934 in a Dutch colonial style. The Boathouse was a magical place to have our wedding. I'm still smiling from the memories of the day. The forested mountains in alpine Bavaria, lakeside woodlands or even forests full of old stone ruins can become your place to elope. Absolutely beautiful - great food and service. We had our own personal waiter who made sure James McGovern is a rock star. THE MOST MAGICAL venue ever!!!! With my husband and I living in We worked with Peter Bischoff and Kristen Holmes to plan our May 26, 2017 wedding and it was a delight. If anyone can advise of a local wedding advisor or planner who could help us through the process that would be fantastic. The royals now share three children - Prince George, nine, seven-year-old Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, who celebrated his fifth birthday last week. We worked with James who was always so quick to respond and such a joy to work with while planning the wedding. All of our guests were literally floored by the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the staff. Some of the best food I have ever had and by far the best food Ive ever had at a wedding. The BH has a very well trained staff, waiters, waitresses, and chefs and other staff. Send us a note: Your Name (required) . The steak and sea bass were wonderful. The Boathouse is an absolute dream venue! I honestly love the space but the thought of dealing with such a condescending and rude man totally deterred my fiancee and I from even considering this venue. I highly recommend having your wedding here! Outside of a beautiful view the food is also delicious. We knew we wanted a quintessential NYC venue, and whats better than the Boathouse? It was an absolute dream wedding and I highly highly recommend this venue!! Harold the maitre 'd was simply outstanding. I like to work with people that elicit my trust and once that was established with James, our BH coordinator, everything ran smoothly. Thanks to Peter and the rest of the team at the Loeb Boathouse for such an exceptional experience. aff really worked hard to make sure everything went smoothly. We were able to have a top shelf open bar, along with his and hers cocktails. We cant speak more highly of our experience at the Boathouse - the location is magical, the food was excellent (at our tasting, we could not stop exclaiming how good it was), and James and Harold (the maitre d) made our night so fun and stress-free. We live in Massachusetts, thus we needed to feel that we could count on someone that we would not meet in person often. http://www.doreenwinking.de/service/ here is a weddingplaner with an english homepage, there are several more if you google 'Hochzeitsplaner Muenchen'. It was truly the greatest day- we are still having people tell us about the delicious food ,the flawless service, etc. They exceeded my expectations in every aspect of the day!! I sincerely can't recommend the Boathouse enough!!! The ideal location for a stag party before the big day! wedding day was unforgettable thanks to James, Harold and crew! I was married in May at the Boathouse, and it was honestly the most perfect day. The food is fantastic, the location is incredible, the staff is AMAZING (shoutout to Harold, youre the man! Boutique hotels in Germany are a perfect choice for couples who want to celebrate their wedding in a beautiful and intimate setting with the privacy of a small wedding venue. Stylish design hotels in buzzing cities like Munich or in natural surroundings like the Alps can become your perfect place to get married in Germany if a modern wedding is what youre looking for. We recommend booking early as it is in high demand. It absolutely did and we could not have been happier with the outcome. For the reception we would like a traditional meal in a romantic setting. Historic wedding venues in Germany are some of the most special places to get married in! We tried and gave up, and I know several other couples that tried and gave up too (they were all couples where one partner was German). That was a really big issue - as were some big communication lapses/inconsistencies during the planning stage that made the planning 100x more stressful than it needed to be- but the wedding itself went fine. Foodies' self-guided walking tour through Munich, Suggestions for a 14-hour layover in Munich, Lufthansa and MUC challenging flight connection. But soon I could tell that we were going to be in good hands; that James knew well the possibilities. We could not be more grateful to James and the boathouse for giving us our dream wedding. I cannot recommend this venue more highly. Elope in Germany at an intimate waterfall in the forest or surrounded by the impressive nature of the national parks with its lakes, waterfalls and mountains! The venue was elegant and service superb. I cant thank Peter, James, Ramzi and Harold enough for their hard work. ewell my wedding was just a few weeks ago and I have to tell you the food was great! Take The Knot's Style Quiz. Thanks!! James, our event coordinator, could not have been more helpful and kind. We had it right in front of the windows overlooking the lake. Sign up on The Knot to reach more couples and book more weddings! We usually have the registry office thing on a very low scale (only bride, groom. Thinking of having the ceremony/reception dinner there for 40 +/- people (in a private room) in April 2013. We also had a planner, and all worked so well together. Thanks to Peter and the rest of the team for the exceptional experience. Would love any feedback, good and bad! There is nothing like it. We would recommend the venue to anyone! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! It was my dream wedding and everything was beyond perfect. Our guests raved about the service. Our guests are still making comments to us on how fantastic everything was. Just like Italy and France, Germany also has its fair share of beautiful vineyards that are ideal places for your wedding. But each space had its challenges and compromises necessary to make it work for us. The Alpine scenery will leave you astounded when you marry in one of Germanys lakeside hotels. Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. For example, checkout Ismaning which is only 20min from the airport, between the airport and town and has possibly the nicest registry office imaginable, http://www.muenchen-hochzeitslocation.de/hochzeitslocation/standesamt/standesamt-ismaning. ern, who was really great, and very responsive the whole year. A Central Park Boathouse Wedding in New York, New York The cold and snow didn't stop Jessika and Vincent from having a woodland-inspired wedding. James answered all of our questions thoroughly, was a source of support and guidance, and made sure the evening went off without a hitch. Also, as a 26 year old bride I was treated with quite a bit of disrespect for being so young. All our guests were still raving about what a great time they had at the Boathouse. It was so bad that at one point of the meeting, when I attempted to take notes, he told me to pay attention! Cocktail hour outside was heavenly and the patio is gorgeous at night. I could not have been happier with The Central Park Boathouse!!!!! The Central Park Boathouse was a dream come true venue! Harold was our Maitre d and he was very attentive and made sure things ran as smoothly as possible. I would love to hear your experiences or opinions on this venue, as it is on the top of my list!! In the north of Germany, you will find islands with gorgeous beaches to elope. s a seasoned professional and his team was invested in making our wedding an overall great experience for all guests. From unique castle hotels to rustic mountain elopement locations in Germany, dont underestimate a hotel venue when deciding where to get married in Germany! They are the ultimate professionals and excellent project managers who kept us on tracking with the planning process. Any experience wtih them? The Boathouse was absolutely perfect. The Boathouse is such an iconic venue in NYC, and yet it's still flexible enough for brides who want to customize their experience. Peter talks through every detail and the entire Boathouse staff make each meeting such a memorable experience. Sent on 09/28/2019 M Meg Married on 07/14/2018 5.0 Quality of service 5.0 Responsiveness 5.0 Professionalism 5.0 Value 5.0 Flexibility 5.0 We saw a few of the more "raw space" type venues and the amount of coordination and extras that you need to worry about (like silverware and linens) was just ocerwhelming. We were treated like royalty, and our surroundings were beyond perfect. It was absolutely beautiful that night and Jame McGovern--the manager in charge of events--was very responsive and helpful. Cocktail hour out Our January 2018 wedding at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park, NYC was amazing. It is the perfect setting for a wedding! They run a beautifully orchestrated wedding and my husband and I didn't have to do a thing! As soon as we walked in, we fell in love with the space. I hope everyone has as wonderful an experience as we have had at the Boathouse. We had our wedding on a hot and sunny August day and did both the ceremony and the reception at the Boathouse. An abundance of wedding venues for your Romantic Rhine Wedding! Peter helped us plan from the beginning and did a great job. Bar Mitzvah in the morning the same day as our wedding in the evening). Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. The Loeb Central Park Boathouse ( 58) 72nd St and Park Dr, New York, NY About This Vendor The Loeb Central Park Boathouse Imagine celebrating your Wedding at the one of the most magical locations in the world. The desserts were the perfect accent to the cupcakes we had. We didn't even need a planner. Thanks for sticking with us for a full year. We could not recommend The Central Park Boathouse more to couples who are looking for a wedding or event venue. The ceremony there was fabulous too! Harold was our maitre'd the day of and took great care of us and kept everything running smoothly. It was far better than the restaurant itself (and the restaurant is still excellent). James McGovern is a true professional - kind, patient and organized throughout the entire process! I second (or third) the boat house. The Oktoberfest hardly needs any introduction. eginning and he was on point every step of the way. Embedded in well-preserved nature, at the foot of tall mountains or near charming boutique hotels, a lake wedding at one of these outdoor German wedding venues is always a great choice!